Free compost bin for residents
Every household in Hillingdon can request a free compost bin for their garden by calling the council’s Contact Centre on 01895 556000.
Link to council video about composting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=62&v=5Vk_1Keaxy4&feature=emb_title
Most single-use coffee cups contain a layer of plastic film (to stop them leaking), which means they cannot be recycled through the standard household recycling scheme. They also cannot be composted.
Did you know you can recycle takeaway coffee cups at many of the borough libraries, and also at many of the shops that sell them?
Libraries with cup recycling facilities include:
· Botwell Green Library, East Avenue, Hayes, UB3 2HW
· Civic Centre, High Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1UW
· Uxbridge Library, High Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1HD
· Ickenham Library, Long Lane, Ickenham, UB10 8RE
· Ruislip Manor Library, Linden Avenue, Ruislip Manor, HA4 8TW
· Eastcote Library, Field End Road, Eastcote, HA5 1RL
· Harefield Library, Park Lane, Harefield, UB9 6BJ
· Northwood Hills Library, Potter Street, Northwood Hills, HA6 1QQ
· Yiewsley Library, High Street, Yiewsley, UB7 7BE
· Plus also: Battle of Britain Bunker Exhibition and Visitor Centre, Wren Avenue, Uxbridge, UB10 0BE
Remember to check opening times, especially during current restructions.
Better still, take a re-usable cup or (restrictions permitting) sit in and enjoy your drink out of a china cup.
We are exploring opportunities to introduce crisp packet recycling point(s) to the borough; please get in touch if there is a place where you think there should be a facility.